[SunHELP] Advice for small mail server

Patrick Marquetecken patrick.marquetecken at pandora.be
Sat Aug 23 09:33:43 CDT 2003

Hi,

I need to setup a "mail server" for about 10 persons, it means all of the email's are send to hotmail or to other IPS's.
The idee is to automatic get all that mail and store it on our solaris 2.6 server, and not local on the clients.
My idee was to work with fetchmail/postfix/procmail for pop mails, and gotmail for hotmail.

Procmail can deliver mail to different maildirs, but must i create for each user a different .procmailrc or can i use a global .procmailrc.
Root is going to get all of these mails, will the read/write rights be right if the mail is deliverd to the maildir in the clients home folder?

TIA
Patrick

--
  "If we don't get more power to the warp drive we're all going to have to get out and push!" -- Paris (Parallax)

 PGP Key: http://users.pandora.be/rivendell/marquetp.gpg
 Fingerprint = 2792 057F C445 9486 F932 3AEA D3A3 1B0C 1059 273B
 ICQ# 316932703
 Registered Linux User #44550
 http://counter.li.org

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]