[SunHELP] ldap and kerberos 5 Integration in Solaris 9

Vikas Gandhi VGandhi at quark.co.in
Mon Aug 25 07:45:05 CDT 2003

Hi All
  We have a requirement of single logon. It means that a user that logs on
to authenticate to onw service of sun should be allowed to use the other
service. Like in windows 2000 we have a similar concept. If u install
MSExchange 2000 with ADSI u get a facility of common logon as Microsoft uses
kerberos for all the authentications. U are authenticated once. Then all the
rest of the services u need not to be authenticated as u get a TGT from KDC.

Requirement
Our requirement is almost on the same patterns. I want to have a common LDAP
repository that authenticates thru KDC so that if I get a ticket for one
service, I should not run after another ticket.

In Solaris 9, I have installed a KDC server in Solaris 9 and have been able
to authenticate them against kerberos. Now I do not know which LDAP/pam-LDAP
mapping shall give me the same result. I just know that sun has done this
much earlier. But how to go about it is a Question that I do not know.
I have two choices. 1) iPlanet directory server 2) Sun ONE Meta-Directory. I
do not know which one is good or suits me ???? Also how to integrate them
???
Can someone guide me as how to go about all this.

Thanks
Vikas