[SunHELP] Solaris 9 Perl

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 16:03:16 CDT 2002

> file /usr/bin/perl
> what does is says?

it says that it's a 32bit executable

> well as a SS20 is not an ultra i would presume that
> during installation
> it would not have install any 64bits
> software/pkgs... yes?

true....

hmmm... now I wonder if I'm running up against the
other note(s) seen on sunfreeware....

"get an error that that "language option" is not
installed"
- and -
"you should compile all C-extended Perl modules with
the same compiler Perl was compiled with itself. This
also extends to mod_perl enabled Apache compilations,
the Apache should be compiled with the same compiler
Perl and mod_perl was compiled with (can be confusing
when using a DSO Apache and shared mod_perl)."

we'll see as soon as make finishes and I get it
installed to test...

another thought - might it be the gcc 3.2 that's on
this box as well....

regards