[SunHELP] boot prom ugrade help

Brian Hinz bphinz at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:48:19 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I've recently picked up a low-cost ultra30 but so far have been unable to
get it to boot. I comes up to the Openboot (ok) prompt just fine but
attempts to 'boot cdrom' cause the machine to hang. I've tried several
different cdroms, internal and exteranal. probe-scsi detects the cdrom. I
noticed that the openboot version is declared as 3.9 but the latest version
according to sunsolve is 3.27... so if someone did flash it with the wrong
version, does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can correct this? do i
need a new nvram? so far my efforts to set up an install server don't work
either, it just connects and the prints out "4200" and hangs...

Thanks,
-brian