[SunHELP] Solaris Installation without Xwindows Support..

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com ) SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
Wed Oct 9 03:59:37 CDT 2002

As far as I know, telnet is as secure as rexec.
Both send user name and unencrypted password as authentification.

int rexec(char **ahost, unsigned short inport, const char *user, const char
*passwd, const char *cmd, int *fd2p);

rsh is less secure if you use the hosts.equiv/.rhosts facility
(authentification based on IP address and reserved ports numbers).

Another alternative if to use XDMCP, which uses a similar authentification
method as telnet/rexec.

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sdaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>