[SunHELP] A query

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 20 02:46:55 CST 2002

Hello,

	I got the mail Id from internet. I have a
	query regarding tuning of Solaris kernel
	parameters. I will be delighted to have your
	views on the same.

	As we know /etc/system can be edited for
	various Solaris kernel parameters like maxusers,
	maxuprc etc.

	My question is suppose, as is the case with many of the
	parameters, that some of these parameters are commented
	in /etc/system then from where does the Solaris kernel
	read the default values for these.
	E.g, we have Solaris 8 /etc/system file have following
	entry

	*               set maxusers=40

	In above case how does the kernel decide the default value
	for 'maxusers'. I read that SVR4 have file -
		/etc/conf/cf.d/mtune
	where all the defaults are stored. But I didn't find this
	file on Solaris 8. Also, I didn't find it in any of the
	header files.

	Please do let me know your views on the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Sujit
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com