[SunHELP] new Sunfreeware OpenSSH needs prngd?

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 12 18:22:44 CST 2002

Hello listers,

Has anyone installed this latest openssh-3.0.2p1 package from sunfreeware?
(BTW I have installed Openssh-v2.9p2 and its runs fine I now need to install
the new version) I am investigating this and it looks like it going to be
harder than I hoped. I have been tracing the dependencies and it looks like
this

openssh-3.0.2p1 needs OpenSSL 0.9.6b, zlib, libgcc, AND THE NEW PRNGD. It
"highly recommends" perl, egd and tcp_wrappers.

OpenSSL need libgcc

prngd-0.9.23 needs egd

egd-0.8 needs perl capable of compiling "SHA module included with EGD" To do
that you need the cc compiler from sun unless we install the "perl" from
sunfreeware, and gcc from sunfreeware.

Have I got these convolutions right? so to install Openssh I now need to
install OpenSSL, zlib, libgcc, prngd, gcc compiled perl, egd, tcp_wrappers,
and gcc. Or am I just getting paranoid. Is it really this convoluted?

Has anyone installed openssh-3.0.2p1 from sunfreeware without prngd-0.9.23 ?

Thanks in advance.

Tze Weng Foong