[SunHELP] new Sunfreeware OpenSSH needs prngd?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Feb 12 18:33:56 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 11:22:44AM +1100, Foong, Tzeweng wrote:
> egd-0.8 needs perl capable of compiling "SHA module included with EGD" To do
> that you need the cc compiler from sun unless we install the "perl" from
> sunfreeware, and gcc from sunfreeware.

Solaris 8 comes with perl.

> Has anyone installed openssh-3.0.2p1 from sunfreeware without prngd-0.9.23 ?

No, its not possible.  I recommend getting ANDIrand instead:

http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~andi/

compile, install.  (gives you "real" /dev/random)

Compile and install OpenSSL (www.openssl.org)

compile and install openssh from source.

Bingo.  (i've been doing this for over a year on all of my systems, without
a problem).

Bill

--
Bill Bradford