[SunHELP] PRNGD problem

Assad Khan assad at assad.dynup.net
Mon Feb 4 17:40:55 CST 2002

Hi,

I posted a question on how to run SSH in Solaris 8, well Thanks alot for all
the replies. I did install everything but there seems to be a slight problem.

first, after I do a

/etc/init.d/openssh.server start

I try connecting from other machines and it refuses the connection.

and secondly PRNGD is being a b*tch, I followed the exact procedure outlined
in the PDF from sun, but it still gives me the following error when I try to
connect to other *nix boxes on my LAN.

Couldn't connect to PRNGD socket "/var/spool/prngd/pool": Socket operation on
non-socket
Entropy collection failed and entropy exhausted

Can someone please guide me?

Thanks Alot.