[SunHELP] Guys, this is not good...for Sun

Ravi Katti ravikatti at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:36:17 CST 2002

Somehow I have had a bad experience with Linux. It is okay as long as you
use Linux as DNS/Mail server or some kind of network box. My old sun SS5 was
happily serving around 150 users with hell lot of NFS activity. But my Linux
on a dual Pentium CPU used to crash even 1/3 load of SS5.
One of the developer asked me to upgrade gcc and I ended up upgrading the
Linux OS itself, beacuse gcc required some libraries upgraded and to do this
i had to upgrade RPM and to do this ... this went on and ultimately upgrade
OS.

I could be wrong too but things are so easy and stable on solaris.