[SunHELP] Help:Blocksize problem

Prasad Nikumbh prasadnikam at rediffmail.com
Thu Dec 26 00:10:12 CST 2002

Dear SUNGurus,
      I have attached a Exabyte 8505 tape drive on my SS5 system
with solaris 2.5.1 operating system. when i am giving a command
"probe-scsi-all" at "ok" prompt in PROM Mode, then it probes
as-"EXABYTE IBM-8505".
This tape drive automaticaly configured on my system whithout
any
modification to the /kernel/drv/st.conf file. But tape
recognised
only fixed record length 1024. As my application running on the
same system requires variable record length, So i want to change
it from fixed record length to variable record length (Zero
block
size).
      I have made uncomment the entries in st.conf file to do so
as follows --

tape-config-list=
"EXABYTE EXB-8505",    "Exabyte EXB-8505 8mm Helical
Scan","EXB-850X",
  EXB-850X       =
1,0x29,0,0xce39,4,0x14,0x15,0x8c,0x8c,1;

      After modification of st.conf file i have rebooted the
system with boot -r option to reconfigure but still the same
problem is
persists.
      I would like to clear one more point here that, if i made
any small mistake in st.conf then also not giving any error
messages on console during booting.
       So please suggest me the appropriate solution for the
same
at the earliest. Awaiting for your valuable reply.
      Thanking you.
      Best regards.

                      -- Prasad Nikumbh
                         Mumbai, INDIA