[SunHELP] Help:Blocksize problem

Jeremy RJ Towers jeremytowers at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 28 11:24:30 CST 2002

hi Prasad,

if we examine the line in st.conf:

"EXABYTE EXB-8505",    "Exabyte EXB-8505 8mm Helical Scan","EXB-850X",

The first element is what is compared to what is returned by the tape
drive, the second an informational message and then third a tag which
will refer to parameters later on.

Therefore , the first element should read "EXABYTE IBM-8505"

so, make a new entry in st.conf with the appropriate first element and
the other relevant lines.

be very careful to put in the EXACT string returned by probe-scsi.

HTH

Jeremy