[SunHELP] Solaris 2.5.1 and IDE 20GB disk issue.

Mohd Yazid mekcsf at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 20 04:26:47 CST 2002

Hello,
     Ultra10 server running Solaris 2.5.1 having
hardisk (20GB) failure recently. The old disk is
detected correctly by the system, but the replacement
disk is detected as 7.9GB only. Old (faulty) disk is
Seagate ST320414A and the new disk is Seagate
ST320011A, the disks size is 20.1GB and both have the
same Sun Part Number. I am aware that there is an 8GB
limitation for Solaris 2.5.1, but I thought that is
only applicable to non-Sun disk(since I have 20.1GB
disk working fine previously). Pls let me know if
there are any workaround or patch that can get my new
disk correctly detected. Will patch 106197-07 helps?

Thanks.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com