[SunHELP] ss 5 network install

James sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 24 22:48:59 CDT 2001

Hi

I have done multiple installs over the net, the easiest by far to install,
specially if you have a highspeed internet connection, is Debian, check out
depian sparc install instructions, it is pretty clear, you should be able to
use tcpdump or simular too debug the boot process, if you have a high speed
link, just set your main box too masquerade and ask debian to get the files
it need from ftp or http. Basicly you need to download one file, a tftp boot
file, and have the sparc to net boot, and the rest is menu choices.  and the
install process down loads the rest.