[SunHELP] Invalid Sbus slot number 6

Matt Bettinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 18 03:57:25 CST 2001

Hello,

i still have an error and cannot get this sun ultra 2 to boot off of a
cdrom.  I have the cd's burned ok as far as i know.

When i boot the machine the first line i see is 'Invalid sbus slot
number 6"  Has anyone ever seen this before?  The cdrom is a plextor and
it has the boot block jumper and a parity jumper and scsi ID jumpers.
The only devices on this machine are a scsi drive and the cdrom.  I have
the cdrom cables set up right (according to sun docs).

I am at a loss here and this is my last resort before i either give this
machine away or sell it.  Does it sound like there is a hardware problem
,  conflict ?   Thank you for any help.

Matt in Houston