[SunHELP] GNOME 1.4 - unsupported evaluation

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri May 25 23:30:16 CDT 2001

On 25-May-01 at 18:57, Tugrul Galatali (tugrul at galatali.com) wrote:
>      My only hitch is that the gaim I built from source core dumps when
> launched from the menu with gnome's xalf utility.

Try 'ldd gaim' - I suspect it will show that it's getting some libraries
from the GNOME distribution.  There's a good chance that they aren't
binary compatible with the ones you linked against.  A rebuild/relink
should fix it.

>      And mozilla doesn't seem to be linked from anywhere in the UI out of
> the box, although its installed.

I was a bit surprised by that too.  It's only by accident that I
noticed the presence of mozilla - it isn't even in /opt/gnome-1.4/bin.

I was also a little disappointed that it didn't automatically encapsulate
the old CDE menu into a GNOME sub-menu the way it does on other platforms
with KDE installed.

-Pat