[SunHELP] GNOME 1.4 - unsupported evaluation

Tugrul Galatali sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 01:07:15 CDT 2001

On Fri, 25 May 2001 patl at Phoenix.Volant.ORG wrote:

> Try 'ldd gaim' - I suspect it will show that it's getting some libraries
> from the GNOME distribution.  There's a good chance that they aren't
> binary compatible with the ones you linked against.  A rebuild/relink
> should fix it.

	I should mention that it launches fine when I do it from an xterm...
but xalf might be doing some funny shit with my library path... thats another
one of those things I have to get use to, no /etc/ld.so.(conf|cache). I'll fix
it when, if ever, I start using menus instead of xterms to launch apps :) (yes,
I have a key binding for xterm)

> I was also a little disappointed that it didn't automatically encapsulate
> the old CDE menu into a GNOME sub-menu the way it does on other platforms
> with KDE installed.

	Interesting idea... I don't think it might have occurred to anyone :)
CDE isn't a threat GNOME has to play nice with =P

	Tugrul Galatali