[SunHELP] arp limit......

Frank-Christian Kruegel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 23:30:57 CDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001 20:58:23 +0200, you wrote:

>Good evening to every body:)
>the configuration:
>Sun sparc ultra 10
>solaris 2.7 patch _16
>qfex
>hme0
>The firewall isn't installed yet....but i wan to publish about 16 ip on =
qfe1
>for the natting business whith the command:
>arp -s <ip> <mac-address> pub
>the problem is that when i execute the script whith the over 16 new
>published ips on my network card, the program hangs on and the arp =
buffer
>it's empty....

I've been running 20 virtual IPs on a small LX and Solaris 2.6.=20

However, using arp is unusual in Solaris 2.x. Just enter the ip addresses=
 into
/etc/hosts and create virtual interfaces by creating
/etc/hostname.<devicename>:<instance>

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Kr=FCgel
IstDa Kommunikationssysteme