[SunHELP] arp limit......

giorgio sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 13:58:23 CDT 2001

Good evening to every body:)
the configuration:
Sun sparc ultra 10
solaris 2.7 patch _16
qfex
hme0
The firewall isn't installed yet....but i wan to publish about 16 ip on qfe1
for the natting business whith the command:
arp -s <ip> <mac-address> pub
the problem is that when i execute the script whith the over 16 new
published ips on my network card, the program hangs on and the arp buffer
it's empty....
or,
if i lunch only seven or eight arp comand in the script, everything seems to
worl properly.but not after a certain limit....
It's there something that i am missing about all this story????
Can i publish them throu the /etc/ethers file?????

Sorry form my english and hope that someone can help me: )
thank you very much
Giorgio