[SunHELP] DataBlaster

Madden, Larry sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 10:52:16 CDT 2001

I use this piece of equipment to transfer data between an IBM mainframe and
a Sun server.
It is configured as a tape unit to both the mainframe and the server. Data
can be transferred
either way. However, most of my processes move data from the mainframe to
the server.
Everything works fine as long as the mainframe file consists of only a
single volume.
Whenever it consists of multiple volumes, I encounter many problems with end
of tape
processing. Neither Sun nor BusTech (manufacturer of DataBlaster) have been
able to offer a
solution. Does anyone have experience with this configuration?

Larry Madden
(202) 203-2380
fax  (202) 203-2086
larry.madden at carefirst.com