[SunHELP] help on LDAP authentication on Solaris 8

Low, Adam sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 10:47:53 CDT 2001

There's also a complete set of documentation available on the iPlanet website (http://www.iplanet.com/)

I would recommend, unless you really need the iPlanet schema's (i.e. you use iPlanet messenging server, etc.) that use OpenLDAP instead, I had many problems with the iPlanet LDAP server that resulted in my installing OpenLDAP and porting the schema's across.

The main file name is slapd.conf and is usually placed: /usr/iplanet/server5/slapd-hostname/config/

Adam