[SunHELP] Errors building make 3.79.1 on Solaris 2.7

Sean Holden sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 11:21:54 CDT 2001

Hi all,
I have been trying without success to compile make 3.79.1 on a E450
running Solaris 2.7. I can't use the precompiled versions because I
need to install it in a different directory. I am trying to compile
using gcc 2.95.3. I don't get any errors during the "configure" or
"make" stages and an executable is generated. However when I try to run
the resulting file I get the following error:

ld.so.1: ./make: fatal: relocation error: file ./make: symbol
__register_frame_info: referenced symbol not found

I have tried compiling with the Sun compiler, and the resulting
executable causes a segmentation fault. :-(

any ideas?
TIA

Sean