[SunHELP] Symbios 53c895 & Ultra5??

Kazuyuki Sato sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 21:43:41 CST 2001

Hi,

At Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:13:20 -0500,
Super-User wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i'm trying to put a symbios sym8952u pci scsi host adapter in an ultra5.
> the data sheet from lsi logic says that it is compatible with solaris
> 2.6 (i'm running solaris 8) and the Solaris 8 Reference Manual
> Collection  (man pages section 7: Device and Network Interfaces) says
> that support is provided via the ncrs driver (is this an x86 only
> driver??).  after installing the card and doing a 'boot -r' i got the
> following message, repeated 3 times:

  Apparently, seems to have supported it with this patch.

	Patch-ID# 109885-02
	Synopsis: SunOS 5.8: glm patch

	(from 109885-01)

	        This patch revision was generated to accumulate and obsolete
	        the feature changes introduced in point patch 109344-03.

	4258589 glm: need to support PCI power management states
	4331145 glm: add 895/896 support.

	(The patch can be obtained from MU3.)

  I think that it is worth trying if Solaris 8 is used.
  And, please teach the result.

best regards.
Kazuyuki Sato