[SunHELP] Symbios 53c895 & Ultra5??

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 27 00:37:17 CST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Kazuyuki Sato wrote:

| 	4258589 glm: need to support PCI power management states
| 	4331145 glm: add 895/896 support.

I saw this, too, and thought "Right on!", because I have a BUNCH of compaq
64bit PCI SCSI controllers that the the 896 chip. So, I put it in my ultra
5, applied the patch, rebooted, and the glm driver saw it, but then
complained that it didnt support the *revision* of the chip on the card!

I dont have one of the cards in front of me right now to see what revision
the 896 chip it has is, but it's something to look out for, I suppose.

/dale