[SunHELP] "Upgrading" Solaris and VxVM

David Eisner sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 3 09:39:57 CST 2001

This is what I get for reading my mail in reverse order.

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
> What about attaching a second system disk where you copy Solaris 2.5
> (pooh, that's quite old now) and VxVM to before proceeding ? So you've
> got a backup just in case.

If things don't work out, I'll recreate the rootdg and recover from
backup.

> Would also be good to export your volumes/disk groups (is that the
> correct denomination? you know, when you're planning to attach existing
> volumes to another machine, because that in fact happens: new machine
> with new OS)

I need to think more about this.

> Steffen, but HW RAID is better

Yes.  My other car is an A1000.

-David

David Eisner            | E-mail: cradle at eng.umd.edu |
CALCE EPSC              | Phone:  301-405-5341       |
University of Maryland  | Fax:    301-314-9269       |