[SunHELP] SX frame buffer & 24-bit color

Gereon Stein sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 9 03:37:22 CST 2001

Steve Wingate wrote:
> I have an SS20 with 8MB VSIMM for the onboard SX video. There is also a
> TurboGX buffer that I'm not using now. I have 1280x1024 at 76 resolution set,
> but for the life of me I just cannot get 24-bit color to kick in. I've found

>From my understanding of the FAQs I read (I'm desperately trying to get hold
of a reasonably priced VSIMM here in Germany) your problem _is_ the TGX,
even though you're not using it. You may just want to rip it out of the
box and try again.

It's basically that for some reason the openwindows server won't run
against two framebuffers with different color depths. I wouldn't want
that anyway ;-)

Btw., I'm about to get an 8M VSIMM now, so I'll be trying the same sometime in
the near future.

Regards

Jerry