[Sunhelp] How do you add /usr/ucb to your PATH

Kevin Stevens kevin_stevens at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:40:08 CDT 2000

You want to use the Sun make, which comes with the system, and install  and
use the gnu gcc compiler, which doesn't; at least it isn't installed by
default.  Make sure gcc is installed, and that you have a path to it.  Make
sure that you can type "which gcc" and get a location (wherever you
installed it, mine is /usr/local/bin/gcc), and type "which make" and get the
response /usr/ccs/bin/make.  If you don't get both of them found, you need
to fiddle with paths until you do.

Now you're ready to run ./configure, which should happily locate gcc and
proceed from there.

KeS