[Sunhelp] hi!!!

David Rouse david at rouseworld.org
Wed Oct 25 15:36:22 CDT 2000

on 10/25/00 12:54 AM, shivraj yadav at shivrajyadav at hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi Friends!!!
>
> I am new to solaris admin & nowadays i am facing a problem which i am not
> able to know how to resolve it.
> Frequently i am getting calls frm users that the servers r running very slow
> & i am not able to diagnose the fault. I have checked that the swap space
> allocated is suffiecient..... so where do i go frm here?

/usr/ucb/ps -aux <-- See if any processes are 'running away'

But that isn't evrything you need to know, especially if you want to use
sar, which is a good idea.

Two good official sources for admin info:

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/

http://docs.sun.com/

http://www.sun.com/books/

A good collection of unofficial sources:

http://www.sunhelp.org/ (of course!)

The O'Reily book on Unix Admin has been helpful to me and there are other
books (check Amazon) that cover Solaris admin and Solaris performance.

Good luck and have fun!

--
drouse