[Sunhelp] off topic ramblings

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Thu Oct 19 12:36:31 CDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 12:33:42PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I hate to say it, but on a fast enough machine, with a proper setup, and
> if you DONT have to do much mailing to/from the Internet (e.g., local
> company mail only), Outlook is *nice*.  Especially the scheduling /task
> list stuff.

And once Exchange goes standards-based, other clients can use all the fun
Exchange scheduling / TODO / etc stuff.  Outlook can speak to ical and other
standard servers, but Exchange don't do them.

I was glad to see that MS has a version of Outlook for the mac, and even put
it on an unlocked web page for me to download.  That way, I can actually get
to my work email without using that ugly web-based interface.

And a tip to those interested in the UofPhoenix online campus:  Everything
is done via Outlook/Outlook Express/Web Outlook.  Yes, it's all IMAP/NNTP &
LDAP, but they turned on that MS authentication stuff.  Why even bother?

Reagen