[Sunhelp] off topic ramblings

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Oct 19 12:33:42 CDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 12:44:22PM -0400, Dale Ghent wrote:
> Where I work, exchange/outlook rules the land.
> I get around that by using fetchmail to pop my mail from the server to my
> workstation, and use pine to read it. It works out well.
> /dale

I hate to say it, but on a fast enough machine, with a proper setup, and
if you DONT have to do much mailing to/from the Internet (e.g., local
company mail only), Outlook is *nice*.  Especially the scheduling /task
list stuff.

However, for general Internet email, it sucks the sweat off a dead donkey's
balls.

(sad that my PPro200/128mb at home, running a PC-based *nix, *smokes* this
 P3/600 I have at work running Win2K... 3 times faster, and it doesent
 "feel" any faster - of course I only use it for SSH, exceed, and Outlook -
 all of my real work is done on other machines..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net