[SunHELP] Sun 4/6xx Memory Board Installation

Dirk Stapels sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 28 17:46:59 CST 2000

Hi,

I got a very special problem. I'm running a 670MP CPU board (501-2055)
with dual sm41 and 128MB in a sun 3/260 chassis. Works fine with Solaris

2.5.1. Lately I got 512MB out of a 690MP Server. I know, that Ihave to
set jumpers x03/x04 on the front of the backplane. But I have no idea
which one. I tried several combinations but I cannot get the system to
recognize the additional RAM. If someone has an idea please tell me. Is
the backplane in the 3/360 perhaps different from the 4/6xx backplane.

thanks

Dirk