[Sunhelp] remote monitoring solution

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 9 15:11:06 CST 2000

I am trying to figure out how to monitor a Sun network (i.e., Ultra 2's, 60's, Sparcstatoin 10's and 20's) with the following requirements: display status to a webpage, including number of users online and load average, as well as log that information to do reporting at a later time (average load per machine, average users, etc, etc).  As a brand-new Solaris admin (just started last week!) I am completely clueless as to where to go, and solutions already available, whether I'm gonna be writing perl scripts for the next week, or what. Please direct me in the right direction, and if you have any point/tips/hints every last bit is appreciated. Btw, I tried to search through the mailing list archives, but there doesn't seem to be the functionality for that on the website. Downloading each log file individually and grepping though it doesn't really sound appealing, let alone the bandwidth my poor modem would have to come up with :-P  Please be kind...

Sincrely,

D.A.Bishop