[Sunhelp] Any Fuses in Sparcstation LX ????

Ian Chilton ian at ichilton.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 12:02:54 CST 2000

Hello,

As a student, I don't have too much money, but I just bought a cheap SparcStation LX.

It worked when it left the sender, becasue he said he installed Solaris to test it. But, when it got here, I plugged it in, turned it on, and there was a big pop, and it blue the fuse in the protected desk I was using. I tired pluggin it in again, and got the same pop. Now, it does nothing..

I have taken the power supply out, but can't see any fuses in it (the power supply)...is there any anywhere????

(the power lead definatly works, as I tested it with a meter, and there is 240V there  (UK))..

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/
                                (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton     (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ian at ichilton.co.uk  |
 |  Backup E-Mail -->  ian at ichilton.dhis.org      ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |  Web Site      -->  http://www.ichilton.co.uk                   |
 |  "Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."  |