[Sunhelp] Any Fuses in Sparcstation LX ????

Ian Chilton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 3 13:09:16 CST 2000

> It was a UK spec machine you were sold?

Yes, it was someone in the UK I bought it off....he only had it on the other day..

> there is a micro cartridge fuse in the LX's PSU next to the transformer.

humm....do you have any more info on this?
i.e what does it look like?
any more ideas where it is...
There seems to be 2 small looking transformers in there...

My brother works at an electronics store on a Saturday (tomorrow!) so if I could find the component, I may be able to get one tomorrow....

> follow your nose. Charred electronics are easy to track.

I know, as a PC engineer for a few years, I have blown many things up in the past, but this one, there is no small at all...no smoke or anything...this is what leads me to the conclusion (and hope!) it's a fuse..

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/
                                (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton     (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ian at ichilton.co.uk  |
 |  Backup E-Mail -->  ian at ichilton.dhis.org      ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |  Web Site      -->  http://www.ichilton.co.uk                   |
 |  "Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."  |