[Sunhelp] strange ftp problem

Eddie Watkins sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 2 11:07:05 CST 2000

Hi

Can anyone help with a strange ftp problem I have on one of my servers.

I ftp to server1 as user1, which has a home directory /user1.  If I type in
pwd it returns

550 /adm/wtmp.

If I do an ls it displays the files I would expect in the directory /user1,
if I cd to a sub-directory and then do a pwd it shows

550 .

and the correct files are returned when I do an ls.

Can anyone tell me what to do so that it will return /user1 at the first pwd
command instead of /adm/wtmp.  There is no such directory as /adm/wtmp. on
the server.

Thanks

Eddie Watkins
Eddie.Watkins at mail.moray.gov.uk