[Sunhelp] Sparcstation 10 and SM81

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Jun 29 13:55:55 CDT 2000

You can use 16MB or 64MB SIMMs from an SS20 or Ultra in the SS10.  Sometimes
the SS10 may work with 32MB SIMMS, but I'd like to get a couple more
confirmations on that before I'm really confident in it.

> >I'd suspect a dud module.  A full printout of the POST messages (from
> >serial port A) in diag mode might confirm this.
>
> Is this different than the info when the machine boots via console?
> (I can turn on diag and do that easily enought...) I get output from
> the boot process, which seemed to indicate that the module
> wasn't shot.

Diag mode will get you much more detailed information than the standard
bootup messages.  To turn it on, 'ok setenv diag-mode? true', unless I've
forgotten since I used it last.
	Grego