[Sunhelp] e4500s missing CD-ROM

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Tue Jun 20 16:01:30 CDT 2000

  Send mail to mime at docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info.

---559023410-758783491-961534890=:28239

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Evan Grattan wrote:

| I've got an e4500 running Solaris 2.6. A couple of days ago, we added some
| new tape libraries and disk arrays requiring a reconfiguration reboot.
| Before we did this, we edited our sd.conf file for the new disk arrays and
| cleaned up some "extra" entries in the sd.conf file. Apparently one of the
| "extra" entries we removed was for the CD-ROM drive, and the reconfig reboot
| removed the CD-ROM from the system. And of course, we did not make a backup
| of the sd.conf before we so liberally performed surgery on it. (Bonehead
| mistake) Does anyone know which entries should be in the sd.conf file to
| make the system re-learn the location of the CD-ROM?

See the attached text.

/dale

---559023410-758783491-961534890=:28239
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---559023410-758783491-961534890=:28239--