[Sunhelp] e4500s missing CD-ROM

Evan Grattan Evan at dbt.net
Tue Jun 20 15:16:38 CDT 2000

I've got an e4500 running Solaris 2.6. A couple of days ago, we added some
new tape libraries and disk arrays requiring a reconfiguration reboot.
Before we did this, we edited our sd.conf file for the new disk arrays and
cleaned up some "extra" entries in the sd.conf file. Apparently one of the
"extra" entries we removed was for the CD-ROM drive, and the reconfig reboot
removed the CD-ROM from the system. And of course, we did not make a backup
of the sd.conf before we so liberally performed surgery on it. (Bonehead
mistake) Does anyone know which entries should be in the sd.conf file to
make the system re-learn the location of the CD-ROM?

Many Thanx,
-Evan Grattan