[Sunhelp] non-Sun memory

bjf bjf at samurai.com
Sun Jan 23 23:55:36 CST 2000

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 09:40:59PM -0800, James Lockwood <james at foonly.com> wrote:

> It's more like "if you don't remove all of the non-Sun parts before
> calling a service guy out there, we won't touch it".  There are some
> exceptions, I believe Kingston has an arrangement where their memory
> modules are eligible for Sun service.

Hmm, well that's fine, I don't think we've ever had a Sun guy onsite to help
fix this box, and if it breaks enough to need someone I can always pull out
the memory first, because the box will be dead anyways.  Normally I just call
the 800 number and troubleshoot things over the phone, then I fix them as
needed.

Just want to make sure they'd still expediently ship me replacements for
Sun-brand parts in the box if/when they break, answer my calls and not blame
everything on the non-Sun parts, etc.

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton                http://bryanfullerton.com/