[Sunhelp] NIS

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jan 24 00:41:27 CST 2000

Hi,

I have a machine running NIS (so i just found out!!)
and I changed its IP address over to our  new range of IPs.
I did this for a variety of machine running solaris 2.6
and then went on to do the final machine, this one running
SUNOS 4.1.3. I hadn't realized it was running NIS as
it is not my machine (and there is no need for NIS here anyway).
When I rebooted after changing the Ip the machine hung at:

Services: ypbind
RPC keyserver
NIS: server not responding for domain "phys.unsw.edu.au"; Still trying
NIS: server not responding for domain "phys.unsw.edu.au"; Still trying
NIS: server not responding for domain "phys.unsw.edu.au"; Still trying

etc

How can I get the mchine to boot so I can try and debug what is wrong?
(by looking at files)

Many thanks,

Melinda