[Sunhelp] Problem in booting from a mirror disk8 in a UE-250 server.

Robert Brady Robert.Brady at central.sun.com
Wed Jan 19 14:15:52 CST 2000

Mr. Srikanta:

The 'dd' command does not copy over the bootblock information from the source
disk.  On the target disk run the installboot command(the man page has the
syntax) in order to make that disk bootable.

Hope this helps.

-=-r

--
          ____
        /____/\

Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related to
opinions held by my employer, Sun Microsystems.  Statements on Sun products
included here are in no way guaranteed to be correct - they are just opinions.