[Sunhelp] Re: E6000 upgrade or new system?(CAPACITY PLANNING)

Robert Brady Robert.Brady at central.sun.com
Wed Jan 19 14:22:57 CST 2000

Depending on the current configuration of your 6k, you will most likely need
more than just a clock board.  The clock board, centerplane, i/o boards, and
CPU/Memory boards must ALL be capable of running at 100Mhz for the system to run
the 400Mhz procs.  Basicly what you are doing is creating an E6500 - it is
packaged as such in fact.  We would need more information about the system
(HW/SW) in order to make a better call on the config questions.

-=-r

--
          ____
        /____/\

Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related to
opinions held by my employer, Sun Microsystems.  Statements on Sun products
included here are in no way guaranteed to be correct - they are just opinions.