[Sunhelp] hosed up root login... HELP!

ds ds at primenet.com
Fri Feb 18 03:49:47 CST 2000

Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> [...]

Well.. this is where I fall in.  I have never had this situation come up
because I am VERY paranoid with the root account anyway.  Yet, I seamed
to remember something from the Sun class I went to where the instructor
had said that there was some way to get back in through single user...

... thus I asked the question to the group... and the learning
continues.

I am by far a Solaris expert.  Actually we have 11 Sparcs (2 E3500's,
3 E450's and 6 Ultra 5's) in a shop of 4,000 computers (WinTel).  My
job is Network Management, but since I have "some" background in UNIX...
it is now part of my job.
(another hat to wear with no extra $$$)

Email:	ds at primenet.com
Web:	http://radsl-sullinger.phx.primenet.com/
"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"