[Sunhelp] Sparcserver 1000E Startup Message Question

Dave Garten dgarten at nova.org
Mon Feb 14 21:38:00 CST 2000

Greg and Bjorn,
    Struck out on using your suggestions. :-(
I suspect the controller board (501-2673) but I can't get the box to
cough any error message about it.  I get two greens on the front LEDs.
If I pull each device individually, the "Missing SCSI
Message.....sd at X,0 not responding..." device number changes to the next
device up the chain
(sd at 1,0 then sd at 6,0).  Something is talking to the drives!  What is missing?

I note that retail sources for the controller card advertise them as
"controller card, unprogrammed."  Would the word "unprogrammed" be a hint
that perhaps I have lost some kind of saved system information?

Thanks

Dave Garten