[Sunhelp] root partition filling mysteriously

Simon Marko (pon1) smarko at ims.telstra.com.au
Mon Feb 14 21:53:32 CST 2000

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BF77AB.4875B5D0

I sure hope someone has seen this before!

System is SPARC-20 with Solaris 2.6 and runs primary DNS, XTACACS and is =
the loghost for our domain.
The root partition keeps filling up for no apparent reason.
The syslog files have been moved to another partition so it isn't them.
When we do a find / -ls > file1 and the same to file2 at a later time, =
the diff shows some files have changed size but not enough to have =
caused the space loss we are seeing - it just doesn't add up.

This is most peculiar and it's getting to the stage where we're dropping =
an Ultra2 in to replace it with the same apps loaded.

Thanks for any help

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BF77AB.4875B5D0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I sure hope someone has seen this =
before!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>System is SPARC-20 with Solaris 2.6 and runs primary =
DNS,=20
XTACACS and is the loghost for our domain.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The root partition keeps filling up for no apparent=20
reason.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The syslog files have been moved to another =
partition so it=20
isn't them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>When we do a find / -ls > file1 and the same to =
file2 at a=20
later time, the diff shows some files have changed size but not enough =
to have=20
caused the space loss we are seeing - it just doesn't add =
up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This is most peculiar and it's getting to the stage =
where=20
we're dropping an Ultra2 in to replace it with the same apps=20
loaded.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks for any help</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BF77AB.4875B5D0--