[Sunhelp] SGML tools on Solaris7 or non-GNUified Solaris

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sun Nov 21 20:35:08 CST 1999

I'm not anti-gnu, I'd just like to have the darn thing work.  I already have
many of these tools installed with Solaris, I'd like to use them.  If I
wanted to use the GNU stuff, I'd be running Linux, not Solaris.  It just
frustrates me that I've had to spend the entire weekend installing tools
that are replacements for the ones that I already have.  If I could see ANY
functionality difference, I'd go upgrade.  The only difference is that
somebody built packages that don't work with these tools.  Of course, I
still can't compile SGMLtools even with GNU-make, but it at least gets
farther.
	Greg

P.S.  I'm not a Solaris person, I've only had a Sun up and running Solaris
for a short time now.  I'm really looking to learn Solaris with the built-in
tools, so that I get a good feel for the OS.  I'd like to do unix
administration after I get out of the NT job that I'm in now.