[Sunhelp] Seagate Scorpion DAT Tape Changer

George Thiruvathukal x86 at lemont.rice.iit.edu
Sun Nov 21 18:36:45 CST 1999

Hi,

I've been trying to no avail to get a Seagate Scorpion 96 tape drive (a
4 tape DDS-3 autochanger) to work on my Enterprise 450 server under
Solaris 7 with ufsdump. I can get a single tape HP DDS-3 DAT drive to work
fine. Both drives are external SCSI drives.

When disconnect the HP and hook up the drive to the SCSI port and run
(drvconfig; devlinks; tapes) the system seems to find the tape drive and
places entries under /dev/rmt/0* but they don't work.

I get errors if I try and use ufsdump or do a "mt status".

Does anyone know what needs to be done to get the drive to work? Do I need
to modify /kernel/drv/st.conf?

Thanks for any info,

George

George J. Thiruvathukal                       |         x86 at lemont.rice.iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology              |          http://info.id.iit.edu
Information Technology Certificate Programs   |               p. 1.630.769.8762
201 E Loop Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187-8489 USA     |               f. 1.630.682.6029