[Sunhelp] SGML tools on Solaris7 or non-GNUified Solaris

Wes Hofmann whofmann at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 17:58:09 CST 1999

> with some "resistance".  None of the Solaris tools seem to
> work, and I don't
> want to GNUify Solaris.  I'd like to re-package this

Why does there seem to be this anti-GNU attitude with many "Solaris people"?
I personally think that GNU's tools incorporate many much-needed features
that I've not found with Solaris.  In fact, I'm running 2.6 with the entire
gnome/enlightenment project alongside virtually all of the GNU tools
installed in /usr/local.  Please, don't interpret my question as an attack;
I'm merely curious as to why this stigma about GNU seems to be shared by so
many.

Thanks for any feedback.

Wes