[Sunhelp] SGML tools on Solaris7 or non-GNUified Solaris

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sun Nov 21 17:09:52 CST 1999

I've been trying to build the SGML tools on my Solaris box, and I've met
with some "resistance".  None of the Solaris tools seem to work, and I don't
want to GNUify Solaris.  I'd like to re-package this son-of-a-gun into some
more generic packages.  Tar is the first thing that doesn't work with the
Soalris7 version.  I think I'll try to remake the tarball with the version
of tar from solaris, and then test to see if it works with gnu tar.  Does
anybody know in advance if this will work?  The other "broken" thing is
"make".  This one will probably be a lot harder to fix, can anybody point me
in a good direction to get started, other than just reading the configure
script?  Thanks for any and all help,
	Greg Leblanc