[Sunhelp] SunOS 4.1.3.U1 - Y2K Patch Issues

Gilbert Groehn ultramedco at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 19 21:11:49 CST 1999

Hello Group:

As mentioned in a previous post, I have a Sparc20
running OS 4.1.3.U1 and need to install the necessary
patches or upgrade my system to eliminate Y2K problems.

One of my major problems is that I am not online (www) with
my Sparc20 or any other unix system so how can I download the
required patches.

I have www access on Win98 boxes and Linux but nothing for
Solaris or unix.   Is it possible to download the patches on an
Intel (win98) system and transfer them tro the Sparc20 by
3 1/2" floppy?     Are Sparc and Intel floppys compatible?

Is there a single CD available somewhere that contains all of
the necessary patches and documentation?

I have Solaris 7 but do not want to take a chance on installing this
for fear I will loose my printer  Drivers and compatibility issues
with some of the programs that are on the Sparc20.

If there was a CD available to upgrade  4.1.3.u1 to a version  that was
generally compatible and fixed the Y2K issues that would be ideal.

Thanks for any guidance you are able to furnish to this unix newcomer.

Cordially,
Gil Groehn
Email:  ultramedco at worldnet.att.net